Sunday, September 22, 2013

Some Kind of Connection and a Few More Things

I know there has to be a connection to my money worries of yesterday and the readings at today's Mass. Some kind of connection, right? Then why can't I make that connection? Am I slow? Does anybody want to explain? My brain may have taken a vacation.

A seminarian spoke during the homily to talk about his journey thus far. Somewhere along the way, he met a woman and became engaged to be married. "Oh no," I thought, "Not another seminarian who broke another heart." It turned out the woman broke his heart. She was the one who called it off.

I had an achey neck, shoulder, and back, which I attribute to lack of ergonomics at the workplace. My dad and I went out for pizza, and the air conditioning in the restaurant seemed to blow directly on my achey spots making it worse. I asked my dad if he had a scarf with him, but of course he didn't.

Took nap on couch under warm blanket, and achey spots went away. Like magic. What is more delicious than a nap on a quiet weekend afternoon?

I have concluded that naps are wonderful.

It is now autumn.

No comments: