Thursday, November 29, 2012

God, I do NOT understand

All across the land, across the ocean, we blogger people are weeping over the death of little Henry from Bringing Henry Home.
http://bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com/

I am so sad and confused why this innocent baby suffered so much. I am so sad for his mother, father, and siblings who now have this gaping hole in their family. I don't understand.

Oh, I understand how quickly an infection can wipe out a little body (or even a big body).

I don't understand WHY his little life had to end this way and so soon.

God, sometimes I do NOT understand You and Your Ways.

Yet, I know we are created in the image and likeness of God.
We are His Children.
We are blessed with the sacraments.
We are all going to die.
Our souls will live forever in Heaven.
We are all One Body, and it hurts when one part leaves.
We will all meet again in Everlasting Life.

Oh God, the tears I shed for this child whom I never even met are probably nothing compared to the tears of his parents.

It's kind of amazing that I read comment after comment on Carla's blog, and everyone is crying. People I never met and don't even know are crying over this one little life gone.
Because life is precious. And behind every digital imagine is a person.

God, why, oh, why????

I trust God, that Mother Mary is rocking Henry in her arms, and Jesus is patting him on his precious little head.

I thank you, God, that Henry did know the LOVE of a real family who gave so much for him.

There is no pain where Henry is, but people are HURTING down here. People are weeping.

Oh, God, hear our prayer, comfort the mourners. Wrap Henry's family in your loving arms.

Oh, God, I still don't understand much, but I trust in You and the communion of saints.

Remember us in our walk down here on Earth. Sometimes the path is very rocky with a cold wind.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I totally get what you're saying. Weeping along with you. The only thing that comes to me is that Carla always said "yes" to whatever was best for Henry and made the sacrifice to get it done; and this was her final yes. She is the most amazing mother and such an inspiration to me. Thanks for this honest blog post.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Such a honest tribute to the sweetest little boy! I also just can't fathom WHY God took Henry home so soon. And the pain his parents & family must feel.