Thursday, September 26, 2013

I May Be Looking Forward to Obamacare - Domestic Partner Insurance

I know I'm not suppose to be a fan of Obamacare, but I'm wondering if it'll be good for me.

-I have not held a full-time job with benefits for over five years.
- I have pre-existing conditions, one is very serious.
- I cannot afford private insurance.
-After my COBRA ended, I was able to join a state run pool for sick people who have been rejected by cold-hearted underwriters. I strongly dislike you, underwriters!
- I pay OVER $500 a month in insurance premiums to this program. It's not welfare.
- My insurance covers 80% of in network care.
- One of the CO-pays on my medication is $200.00 for a 90-day supply.
-  Once I had a somewhat healthy retirement fund. I have paid taxes on early distributions. I have paid penalties on early distributions.
-My credit rating is probably zero.
-The threat of an account going to "collections" is not a threat, just a fact of life.
-My car is 13 years old.
-Ironically, I am working in the collections area of Big Company as a temp. (I do paperwork, other people make those annoying calls)
-Sometimes I am just amazed that I have a roof over my head.
-My yearly deductible is $1,000.
-I know some of you may have just as horrible medical-financial situations or have it even worse.
-So when my State Insurance Pool tells me that Obamacare plans will be cheaper, and I'm suppose to get benefits that I'm not getting now, well, I just may be looking forward to Obamacare.


-I rather resent those who get insurance through domestic partner insurance. I don't have a spouse, I don't have a domestic partner. Maybe I should get one. Do you have to have sex with a domestic partner? What determines a domestic partner? Do you have a date for a certain amount of time before you qualify??? What if you break up and don't tell the company?

I'm trying to wrap up this post with something spiritually healthy, but my mind isn't going there right now.



No comments: