1) Now that I am not praying that 30-Day Prayer, I feel insecure. I don't feel anchored like I did when I was praying it. My worries blow through my mind. Perhaps this is a sign that I need to pray every single day. My soul is wandering like a lonely cloud. (I must look up that particular poem.)
2) I rec'd a small but substantial check from my cousin, so my rent and some other essentials are covered for the next few months. And I can book an airline ticket to a sunnier state and visit my aunt. So why aren't I happy?
3) I'm bummed because yesterday I rec'd a rejection letter for that job I interviewed for.
4) I took a little nap on my couch and woke up too late to attend Bible study this evening. Slightly irritated with myself.
5) Just in case you think that because I am single I am living a glamourous life filled with friends and exciting nights on the town, I will tell you I am not. Actually I am lonely a lot. My friends are very busy. Also I do volunteer work several times a week. I think the place where I do volunteer work is doing me a favor by letting me hang out there and do little tasks.
6) Sunday afternoon was fun because I was at church helping decorate paper ornaments with markers, crayons, stamps and stickers for the Wishing Tree. Plus pizza and pop were served too. I talked to some nice ladies who were all older than I am. They were impressed by my primitive drawings. Afterwards, another lady and I took a nice walk since it was a warm and sunny afternoon.We got to know each other a little bit better.
7) When Advent starts I am going to make a concentrated effort to say Christmas instead of holidays.
8) One particular friend I exchange gifts with has been too busy to get together due to her husband and children. I just don't feel close to her anymore and don't feel like giving her a gift.
9) Though I am in my 40s, I still haven't given up the dream of getting married. I know other women who have gotten married for the first time when they were my age. Sometimes I look at pictures of wedding dresses. Nothing strapless because I wouldn't feel comfortable in that style.