Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dirt on the Soul

The week before Christmas I went to confession, and was feeling all clean and fresh for the Holy Day and the start of the new year. I looked forward to becoming a better Catholic in 2013.



FAIL, FAIL. FAIL.

Feeling disgusted with my sinful, weak self who has already taken the easy way in important areas instead of the more difficult path.


I just want to cry.



Also, skipped saying my novena yesterday. Does that mean I double-up today or extend the novena for an extra day? What's the proper procedure?


Another non-edyfing behavior I partook in was following a dude-friend into the S.p.e.n.c.er store at the mall. I knew better. Yuck. Do NOT enter that store. It's base. Just seeing some of those products made me want to take a shower.





Lord, have mercy.





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'd like to know the answer on the novena. I have a bad habit of doing them before I go to bed and almost always end up forgetting at least one day. I've done both doubling up and extending it... and just foregoing the whole thing.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I don't have the Novena answer either... I also say the Novena's at night ... and this Mary, Undoer of Knots novena that I'm saying is basically like saying the rosary instead of just a simple prayer. And I've fallen asleep one night instead of saying it ... when I was already 2 days in. So ... now what? I guess I'll tack 2 days onto the end of the novena. It wouldn't hurt, right? ;-)