Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Believe

I believe.

A friend was having a few people over for dinner, myself included. There was a thump outside, so the hostess opened the door and stuck her head outside.

"There's a bag outside," she yelled.

The hostess closed the door. "It has your name on it, Lena."

She came into the dining room and handed me the gift bag. Sure enough, the card had my name on it, and the bag was heavy. I was stunned and looked at it.

This was a mystery. This was an event out of a story book.

Hostess encouraged me to open the card, which had a beautiful picture of Mary and Baby Jesus. The card said, "Merry Christmas." No name was signed.

Inside the bag was a book Christmas Jars and a glass jar full of money.

I didn't know what to say, so I just cried.

It was over $50.00.

It's more than the money. It's the caring, the effort, the . . .

A Christmas angel came to me.

I thought of the months of anxiety I had this past year over meeting my basic needs.

Then I prayed.

Then I received.

I believe.

(Thank you, prayer buddy)

I am in the Christmas spirit. Today I put up my tree and decorated it.

2 comments:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Oh, Lena, I am so unbelievably overjoyed for you!!!!!! Such a story! Such amazing providence! God is so good!!!
I know angels walk among us ... and your story tonight is proof of that. Amen for prayers answered!

Meghan said...

I have chills!! What a beautiful reminder of God's grace for us. Thank you for sharing!!