Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rushing to the Next Big Day

Today is the 12th day of Christmas. Do I have to say good-bye to this season?

I noticed that stores are already selling cards and gifts and decorations for Valentine's Day. I hate the rushing of the seasons. I like to enjoy the present (unless it's a bad day). The only stores that should be allowed (if I were in charge) to sell items WAY AHEAD of a holiday or season are craft stores because it takes time for consumers to buy the supplies and hand make something. For people who are not going to craft, they can buy something at Walgreen's the night before.

How about we think of Jesus as a Valentine? God loved all of us in the world so much that He gave his only Son. I say come February 14, tie a big red ribbon around Jesus.

No comments: