Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Post-Vacation, Prayer

My vacation was wonderful, and I feel so blessed that I was able to get away for a few days, enjoy the company of others, see new sights, and spend time with people I like. I enjoyed listening to the little boy in the row behind me on the plane. He had questions and exclamations about his first flight. We grown-ups were giggling at his delight and innocent questions.

On the way home the toddler behind whined a lot. I kept thinking I needed to turn the sound off, but reminded myself you can't turn off a child. If small children had off switches, parents would have found them by now. Oh well, the flight wasn't that long anyway.

Looks like big financial/legal mess is working out okay for me. Not quite sure, and it's too soon to count the chickens. I keep praying and trusting God. I went to morning Mass - that's a benefit of unemployment. I returned home to find a message from a woman from the temp agency. She's submitting my resume to another position. I thought, "Boy, God does work fast."

I just keep praying and trusting, praying and trusting, praying and trusting, and am unusually calm. I keep telling God that I learned my lesson, I did stupid things, I need to take responsibility, I need to own up, and I need to be brave. I need to know that this too will pass, and what is a crisis now won't always be.

Remember God gave us the rainbow.

But one can't pray enough, so God have Mercy on me, please.



3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad you had fun on your vacation. Where did you go?

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles with legal and financial issues. I will join in with you in prayer that it will turn out alright.

Lianna said...

Even if it does not turn out perfectly or exactly how you would like, somehow God will make a way. Prayers!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Oh, I hope another lead for a job is in the works! I've been praying for that ... and your legal stuff to work out too.
Glad to hear you had a fun vacation! :-)