Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Prayer Box - Almost Too Easy

I made a prayer box by covering up a shoebox with scrapbook paper. I am writing prayers and sticking them in the box. That way I don't have to worry. I just put them in the box and trust they'll be heard and taken care of somehow. It's almost too easy. I started a novena to St. Rita because her feast day is May 22. I just write my prayer and stick it in the prayer box. Actually, I'm not sure what I am praying for these days or what I really need, so it's more of a general prayer for good stuff to St. Rita. I figure prayer can't hurt, and God can figure out something good. I don't want to limit God.

2 comments:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Your prayer box is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming with everyone's intentions and general prayers. I always like things that make life simpler ... and you won't forget anyone!

Karen said...

I have done that as well- it's a way of getting my worries off of my shoulders. Once I write down my prayers, I feel like I have truly handed the situations over to God.