Monday, September 22, 2014

Getting Help and Health

a) One friend sent me a $100 gift card, which will come in very, very, handy at big store that sells everything from food to underwear to socks to toilet paper to laundry detergent. It will come in very, very handy. This is not the first time she has given me gift cards.

b) I called my church and then went to the rectory office. My parish gave me a $25 gift card to local grocery store chain. Yes, it will come in handy.

c) I called a Prevent Homelessness hotline that is somehow tied to Catholic Charities and asked for financial aid and case management services. A lady took my name, number, town and said someone will call me back within three business days.

d) I called Catholic Charities inquiring about financial assistance and case management services. They gave me the phone number for the prevent homelessness hotline that I already called.

Since I'm off (unemployed) this week, I decided to take care of a few other matters. 

e) Made dental appointment since check up and cleaning is covered under my insurance. Dentist office is about 1/2 mile away, so I can walk.

f) Made another appointment with another doctor that I have been putting off. That's about two miles away, and I can walk if I need to. 

Yesterday I filed for unemployment benefits AGAIN, which I was able to do online. 





1 comment:

Becky said...

You are a woman with a "can do" attitude! I am glad that despite the weight of the cross, that you are being faithful to carrying it. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be.