Saturday, April 2, 2011

Prayers on Roosevelt Road

I was driving down Roosevelt Road (doesn't almost every town have a Roosevelt Road or a Washington Street?) during rush hour. Ahead I saw a small, squatty dismal looking building. I didn't notice any cars in the parking lot. Maybe there were cars, but I didn't see them. I was driving, so I was also trying to pay attention to the road in front of me.


"That store must have gone out of business," I thought. "It's sad to see companies go out to business with the down economy."

"Why are there people gathering in the parking lot? I guess it's still a business and the manager is having an outside meeting" I thought some more.

"Why is the manager having an outside meeting in the chilly damp air when the building is right there?" I asked myself.

"They're all standing in a circle, as if they were praying."

As I passed the building, a man facing the street was holding up an anti-abortion sign.

Ah.

They were indeed praying and were dedicated to be out in the cruddy weather.

The company was still in business, but business looked slow.

I think the prayers were working.


Also, I did like the gentle and friendly looking anti-abortion sign.

No comments: