Sunday, April 10, 2011

Abortion Clinic on Roosevelt Road

On Monday I stopped at the small building where the pro-life people were praying. I hope no one I knew saw me turn into the parking lot because I wouldn't want them to think I was there for an a__________. See, I can't type that "a" word and "I" in the same sentence. Now I get it when women who have had miscarriages don't like to see spontaneous abortion on their medical records.

There were two pro-lifers on duty, and a lot of empty lawn chairs. The pro-lifers are on different shifts, and it looks like some shifts have more pro-lifers than other shifts. It was a cold and chilly day. I introduced myself.

Neither pro-lifers were Catholic, but were there for the 40 Days for Life campaign. They kept talking about the Catholics. The man, Jerry, said being pro-life is a humanitarian issue. The woman is a fallen away Catholic, but is assured of God's love and concern for all people. I was feeling a bit down that day, and meeting this loving woman speaking of God's love was a comfort to me.

Since my car was the only one in the parking lot, they thought the clinic was closed that day. There were no patients/clients or workers.

I would like to partake in more prayer vigils when I have the time. I stayed about 10 minutes before leaving for my chiropractic appointment.

No comments: