Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lose, Lose, and Lose Again

I've been reading blogs by women who suffered ectopic pregnancies. For those who don't know what it is means, it's when a growing embryo is stuck in a tube (not a test tube) or someplace else except the uterus. If it's stuck in the tube, the tube will eventually rupture and cause great pain and bleeding. The expectant mother COULD DIE from this. The embryo WILL CERTAINLY DIE. The embryo MUST BE REMOVED one way or another if the expectant mother is to LIVE. It's not a pretty picture at all. I was surprised that some Catholic bloggers are very particular on the way the embryo is removed. Of course, they are quoting church doctrine and documents from this that and the other thing. I think the embryo should be removed in the way that is best medically for the mother. It's a situation of DOOM. It's a pregnancy of DOOM. The embryo is going to die if it's removed and it's going to die if stays in the mother. Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh. What the mother needs is some tender, loving, care because it's a sad, sad, sad situation. The mother is going to LOSE the baby. That's a certainty.

Then there was a blog titled Zippy Catholic. Zippy (not to be confused with Zippy the Squirrel) who said it's unjust to pay women equally for equal work because the man has to support the family. Well, Zippy here just undermined my dignity as a woman by saying that. I just want to hit Zipps with a frying pan. People like Zipps make me not want to be Catholic. I don't want to lose earning power because I am a woman. And I shouldn't. That's sexist. I have talents, I have skills, and I have a brain and should be compensated for the work I do using my God-given talents, skills, education and brain.

I just have to remind myself that Zippy is NOT the church. Zippy is NOT the church.

Right now I'm a Catholic who is angry at some of my fellow Catholics who are way at the other end of the spectrum of Catholicism.

Lena

1 comment:

Rebecca Frech said...

I have to stop myself from getting angry at dumb people a lot.