Thursday, May 1, 2014

Did Anyone Miss Me? - Financial Crisis - Need Prayers

I deleted my blog, and just undeleted it. I kind of missed it.  Actually, I'm back because I need prayers. I'm unemployed (again) and am behind on my rent. Today I rec'd the dreaded 5-day notice to pay $2,800.00+ in back rent or else.

My dad has already lectured me.* He told me to get a job! Well, duh! That's what I've been looking for.

My dad lives in a one-bedroom senior apartment, so I suppose there's his couch for a while.

I'm calling the township for emergency assistance. I'll call Catholic Charities & the Salvation Army.

I'm going to sell some jewelry and see what I come up with.

I'll have to call my relatives, and just listen to their lectures and cry. Has anyone ever had to do that to get out of a bind? Have you ever lent relatives money? I don't even know when I could pay relatives back.

Help, help, help

If nothing else, could you please pray????????????????

I've been saying a 30-day novena to St. Joseph. The last time (several years ago) I was in dire straights, I prayed that novena and rec'd a surprising solution. I'm hoping God pulls me through once again.

In the meantime, I'm applying for jobs like crazy. Yes, I rec'd unemployment, but it isn't all that much. It never is.

I don't have siblings.

Maybe if I lost everything (stuff, money), I can start over to a better new life.  I can only hope.


*He wasn't exactly an example of financial stability or responsibility either for the 40+ years of his marriage. I know things and my mother told me things (before she died), so he has no room to lecture.


1 comment:

Becky said...

Prayers being sent your way!