Monday, February 11, 2013

My Anniversary is Today

It's the anniversary (of many years) of my First Holy Communion.

Yay for me!!!!

We processed in church while singing "Immaculate Mary, your praises we sing. . ."

Yes, I'm sad that Pope Benedict the 16th is resigning, but the Catholic Church will be okay.  He is allowed to resigned. He is 80 years plus and is certainly allowed some down time during his golden years. Even God rested after creating the world. 

I hope Pope B16 is in good enough health to enjoy his retirement. He has left quite a legacy. I do find it interesting that some people verified this information on Facebook. Since when is Facebook a credible news source??

We will be fine.  Now, I'm going to back to the point of my original post:

Yay for Me! I am Catholic, and I receive the Bread of Life! And I'm grateful to my parents, especially my deceased mother, who gave me the gift of FAITH.




1 comment:

noreen said...

That is exciting to receive your First Communion Lena! I remember when I made my first one too... many years ago as well :) I wish someone had told me at the time to say a prayer that I now say immediately following the receiving: "thank you Jesus for your gift and may my heart burn bright for love of you." It's simple but I learned it as an adult and like it. God bless!