Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fast Acting Novena

If you read my previous posts, you know I have been lamenting the lack of a job and income.

Today I decided to start the 30 day novena to Our Lady. I commented on the blog"Thanks for posting this prayer. I am going to say it for 30 days for a job (or a windfall)."  I printed out the prayer. So today I finally decided I was actually going START the novena today.


About 30 minutes ago I grabbed the prayer and went out for a walk. As I walked I prayed. My intention was for a job and an income to support myself and pay my bills. No, I didn't trip over anything despite having to look down at the paper. When I returned to my apartment building I took the mail out of my mail box.


A particular envelope caught my eye, and I opened the letter right there and then. The letter is from a lawyer saying I am an heir to my deceased aunt's estate!  I don't know the amount, but any amount is greater than zero,which is great.


I never expected to inherit from this particular aunt even though we had a special bond, and I felt very close to her. She never married (so she didn't have children), but she also has several godchildren, six nieces and nephews, and four great nieces and nephews. My aunt died a year ago. I had heard that the trustee (one of my cousins) has been slogging through Auntie's financial paperwork, but her paperwork was none of my concern.


The nasty Devil has me asking, "How much am I getting? Am I getting more or less than someone else? Am I more special than this cousin or that cousin?" Down, Devil, down! 


Wouldn't it be great if I received enough money to catch up on my rent, pay off my bills, fix the car, and be able to gift my own godchildren. It would be great if I could hop on a plane and visit my godchildren. I must rein in my expectations and dreams because I do not know how big of the piece of the pie I am getting. The pie is only so big. 


Thank you, God. Thank you, Auntie.



1 comment:

Richard Collins said...

Many congratulations Lena, keep up the great posts!