Saturday, July 30, 2011

Adoration and Pictures with Dad

On Thursday I had my picture taken for the parish directory. I am glad my parish is doing this pictorial directory. It'll be nice to see who is who. I had my dad with me, and he had his picture taken too. We also had pictures taken of the both of us together. Then I spent a lot of money for wallet size photos. I realized how vain I am, and how it comes from insecurity.

After our photo session, Dad and I went to Eucharistic Adoration. How peaceful and beautiful. I just loved being in the silent company of my fellow parishioners,  some I knew and some I didn't. I wondered what problems people brought before God. I know my problems; they seem too big for me. I know some of the problems my dad has, and I feel for him. I realized others probably had bigger problems. We all have problems, but we all have God.

So far, God has been with me. I trust He will be with me in the future.

My father has a very strong faith, and a very strong interest in Catholic theology and church history. I was glad we could sit quietly together in church.

My dad and I rounded out our day by going our for a relaxing meal at a Chinese restaurant. I was glad I was able to spend some quality time with my Dad. Sometimes I think my dad is my best friend.

1 comment:

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

You are very blessed. And so is your dad. :)

There are not many fathers and daughters who can share a relationship like this. I think of Pope John Paul II, and how for most of his life, he only had his father. They were very close and shared their deep Faith. I think you probably can relate to our wonderful Blessed JPII. :)