Saturday, November 22, 2014

Giving with Love

I have received some charity of late.

Some people give to me without conditions, without emotional blackmail, without disgust, without judgement. These are some friends, some charitable organizations, some volunteers, some social workers.

I say thank you a lot.

Those who say they love me (we share genetic material), give with conditions, with emotional and verbal abuse, with judgement if they give at all. They hurt my heart.

I say thank you a lot.

I write thank you notes.

I think the people in the first group are the ones who really love me even if they don't always know me.

I cry a lot. I cry when people are nice and compassionate. I cry when family members are mean.

And some people just don't want to deal with me and my problems. We stopped saying anything to each other.


3 comments:

Becky said...

I know people like that too. :-( I'm sorry for your pain. It shouldn't be coming from family.

I'm glad that people are helping out in ways that they're able. God is taking care of you, even if it comes at a cost.

Anonymous said...




I want MONEY!!!

(and working families are who I want it from!!!)


San Felipe de Neri Parish; 2005 North Plaza NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104

mailing address: PO Box 7007, Albuquerque, NM 87194

Pastor: Rev. Dennis Garcia

Deacons: Jose Lucero, Maurice Menke, Tom Perez, James Carabajal

Religious education: Melany Gallegos, Director
School: Jennifer Mason, Principal
Museum and Gift Shop: Steve Torres Manager (convent bookstore on-site)

Stewardship Report:

November 1 & 2, 2014

Sunday envelopes: $6,906.50
Sunday loose: $909.72
$7816.22
Envelopes used: 321
Building fund: $1,009.00
All Saints Day: $1,037.00
All Souls Day: $565.00
St. Vincent De Paul: $1,843.00
Other: $192

Renovation Pledge/Annual Catholic Appeal:

Our Parish Goal is $80,000 to pay on our debt for the renovation project.
Total pledged: $71,285.14
Total paid: $54,795.14
Pledge balance: $16,490.00

Families: (active registered) 1,200
Total number of pledges: 245

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I'm so sorry that your family isn't supportive and loving. Praying for you!!