Thursday, July 17, 2014

God Helps Those Who __________

When I was growing up I saw those t.v. commercials in which a woman brought home the bacon and fried it in a pan. In my early college years I became friends with an angry feminist. I went to college in the years of the Yuppie. I live in the Land of Opportunity where many people pulled themselves up by their bootstraps.

I'm unemployed and feel so powerless.

My best just isn't making it.

I rely more and more on God and miracles and hope.

I feel so weak. I feel so guilty like I'm not pulling my own weight.

I think and then I feel so overwhelmed. So I dump it all on God. Didn't we hear in a recent reading at church that His yoke is lighter? But then I feel so inadequate.

But when I try to do it all myself, I feel like I get nowhere.

But when I give it all to God, I just go on my merry way. Then I think again and know I should be doing more to help myself.  So where's the fine line between taking responsibility and giving it all to God?

I like giving it all to God, but then I feel lazy. I get lazy.

I try to solve my own problems all by myself. After all, I have a brain. Yet there is much out of my control. There is heaviness that I can't carry by myself. So I turn to God and enjoy another day. But then I feel disappointed in myself for not succeeding.

I am so tired of this treadmill. I turn to God then I feel like a wimp.

What am I trying to say?




1 comment:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I'm so sorry that it is hard to figure out what God is trying to tell you through your unemployment. I would like to have some words of wisdom, but unfortunately, I also have a tendency to be oblivious to what God is trying to tell me. I will pray for you ... that I can do well. (((( HUGS )))) hang in there!!