Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stopping By

I did something unheard of in this modern age. I stopped by someone's house unannounced! My friends had a death in the family, so I stopped by with cookies (packaged nicely by the bakery) and a sympathy card. And they were happy to see me, and I was invited in. And we chatted face to face in the living room. Yes, a real conversation took place without the planning and assistance of an electronic device. I figured if they weren't home or didn't feel like answering the door, I'd leave the items on the porch. Real conversations that take place in the same room are quite pleasant.

I'm the kind of person at work who usually walks over to someone's desk two aisles over than sending an email. I like in-person conversations because it's easier to build relationships that way.


No comments: